The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 1021 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 1021 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1021 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5233 build_theme_select
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1449 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1449 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1404 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forum
TheAirlineProject v2? - Printable Version

+- Forum (https://theairlineproject.net/forum)
+-- Forum: News (https://theairlineproject.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News (https://theairlineproject.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: TheAirlineProject v2? (/showthread.php?tid=40)

Pages: 1 2

TheAirlineProject v2? - pjank42 - 09-02-2016

So far I have battled with fleet pooling for the last couple of months which have made me think if I should start rewritting the whole code, and make it TheAirlineProject v2 instead. This is because the code is very complex, and almost impossible to do any changes in. It is also a bit unstable and slow because of all the different changes done over the last 5 years.

But please let me know what you think about this.

RE: TheAirlineProject v2? - Julian - 09-02-2016

What are the cons and pros for writing a fully new code.

Pros:
- Tackling old errors
- Easier to make the game faster.
- A fresh new simplified code.
- Easier to add new functions.

Cons:
- A lot of work to write all the code again.

Writing a new code could be a lot of work but the data can be reused and makes the game faster and more stable. I think that a new code a solution is to make the game a lot more stable.

RE: TheAirlineProject v2? - blueboi - 09-03-2016

As long as the data is intact since I am updating the Major destination for more gaming experience Smile

RE: TheAirlineProject v2? - nnick - 09-03-2016

I think that a renewed TAP is the right way to go. A lot of features have been added in the last year, and I can image that the code now becomes a mess to work with. Although rewriting the entire game will of course take months, it will probably be the best solution for TAP to get even better and faster. 
And since we now have a huge amount of data, and it is still growing, we won't have to start from scratch with that.  Smile

RE: TheAirlineProject v2? - pjank42 - 09-05-2016

Thanks for the input and I have started thinking about how the new version should be done. I will of course reuse all existing data.

Please let me know if you have any inputs for features as well

RE: TheAirlineProject v2? - Julian - 09-06-2016

I think the capacity system at the airport should be changed in a more slot like system. Instead of gates should be come time slots. A runaway should be used by one landing plane and one departing plane per minute. You can buy slots or sell to competitors even move slots to subsidiaries. In combination of this, there are airports without permission of night take-offs and landing, this should be easier to realize that with one addition in the data.

One more difficult to write as code is the option of seat pitch. For example a Boeing 737-800 has the length of 39.5 meter and a maximum seat capacity of 189 in a full dense configuration, but with typical configuration is the capacity for the same plane 175 seats.
There should be a slider with the seat pitch and with small seat pitch is the customer satisfaction lower but you can take more people with you, but with a higher seat pitch you can ask maybe more money for a flight and have a higher customer rating.

RE: TheAirlineProject v2? - romsdalstroll - 09-10-2016

Hi!

I would very much appreciate setting the focus on stability and gameplay/realism, not on graphics, even more airports, new features and so on.

Loving the idea of this game, it was really irritating and annoying experiencing so many crashes and poor performance that came with v0.51.
Please do not misunderstand, I'm really happy about this game and normally I do not like to criticize without giving alternative solutions, but unfortunately I'm not a developer. I could help in MSSQL-database topics, but this knowledge is not needed here. Wink

When developing v2, it would be great if files edited by myself also will be able to be implemented on my own into the file structure, as for instance airline- and airliners XML-files.
If not, please keep a sustainable "open source" file structure with opportunity to edit different game contents.

That's all for now. Good luck with the further development.

RE: TheAirlineProject v2? - philiphoolm - 09-16-2016

Hi Pjank.

Sounds like a good idea, if possible. 

I know nothing about writing code for a game, and don't know how complex or time demanding it is. But if you think it's a good idea and you think it willl improve the game you have my full support.

This is the only game of it's kind right know wich still is getting updates (even though it's been a while since the last one  Wink ) 

Have a good day

//Philip

RE: TheAirlineProject v2? - pjank42 - 09-18-2016

I have started the initial things for the new version, and at the moment I am testing a lot of different GUI things, since that is an area where I can also do some optimizations.

Starting this Friday I will use the blog to keep you updated on the progress

RE: TheAirlineProject v2? - blueboi - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 07:48 AM)pjank42 Wrote: I have started the initial things for the new version, and at the moment I am testing a lot of different GUI things, since that is an area where I can also do some optimizations.

Starting this Friday I will use the blog to keep you updated on the progress

Awesome. I am free now tell me what data i can update with Smile